Template FileTemplate (Regular Paper) Template (Short Paper) Checklist Copyright Form
Information for Contributors
The Journal of Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science (JKIEES) is an official journal of the Korean Institute of Electromagnetic and Science. The journal covers all aspects of research and technology in electromagnetic engineering and science: EMI/EMC, Microwave and Millimeter-wave Engineering, Antenna and Propagation, Electromagnetic Theory, Wireless Communication, Lightwave and Electro-Optics, Materials and Components, SDR, Radar, Bioelectromagnetics, etc.
Form of Paper
The papers are classified into two categories.
Regular Paper should be an original work that contributes to the academic interests of the KIEES members with technical values. The paper should also be written within 12 pages with A4 size including figures, charts, and tables (The main text body consist of two columns).
Short Paper is restricted to four pages (with a two-column format) including paper title, author affiliation, reference, etc.
Qualification as Authors
The authors are expected to be the members of the Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science except for some special ones approved by the editorial board of JKIEES.
A manuscript submitted for publication in JKIEES should be an original work with technical values. It must not have been previously published and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. The JKIEES assumes that the materials submitted for its publications are properly available for general dissemination for the readership of those publications. It is the responsibility of the authors, not the JKIEES, to determine whether disclosure of their materials requires prior consent of other parties and, if so, to obtain it. If an author uses charts, photographs, or other graphics from any previously printed materials, he/she is responsible for obtaining written permissions from the publisher to use them in his/her manuscript. Responsibility for the contents of published papers rests upon the authors, not the JKIEES. The submission is also an expression that the authors (or their employers if they hold the copyright) are authorizing the transfer of the copyright to the Journal in case the paper is published. If you accept the policies on research and publication issued by KIEES, authors must click the response of "Research Publication Ethics" through on-line. Our policies on research and publication ethics are based on the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Guidelines (http://publicationethics.org/resources/code-conduct).
The manuscript will be forwarded to three reviewers selected for their expertise in the field of the submitted manuscript. During the review process, the author is often asked to expand, rewrite, or clearly explain the specific contents of his/her paper. It is not uncommon that an author is asked to provide another draft with the suggested changes for further review. Once a manuscript has received the final approval of the reviewers and editor-in-chief, the author will be notified and asked to prepare the manuscript for final publication and to possibly complete an additional information form.
Responsibility for the contents of the published papers solely rests upon the authors, not the JKIEES. The submission is also an expression that the authors (or their employers, if they hold the copyright) are authorizing the transfer of the copyright to the journal in case the manuscript is accepted and to be published. Author should check the copyright transfer conditions and forms at http://www.jkiees.org.
Submission of Manuscript
Authors are requested to submit their manuscript electronically by using online manuscript submission available at http://www.jkiees.org. A manuscript can be submitted any time. A revised manuscript should be submitted to the homepage within a month from the date on which any change of the manuscript is requested to the author.
Preparation of Manuscript
All manuscripts must be written in Area-Hangul or MS-Word and adhere to the following guidelines :
1) A cover of each paper manuscript should include a title, authors’ names (main author and co-authors), author’s organizations, contact information (email and phone number), and the author’s area of expertise.
2) The first page of a main text should only contain title, abstract with a length of about 150 words, and key-words with around five words.
3) The contents of the manuscript should be arranged in the order of abstract, main text, appendix, and references.
4) The numbers corresponding to chapters in the manuscript should be written in Roman numerals (I, II, III, IV...) and the numbers corresponding to sections should be written in Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, 4...).
5) Equation numbers should be given in Arabic numerals enclosed in parentheses on the right-hand margin. They should be cited in the text as, for example Eq. (1) or Eqs. (1)-(3).
6) All tables should be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals. Each table should be typed on a separate sheet of paper and be fully titled. They should be referred to in the text and should be numbered according to their order of mention in the text. In addition, all tables should, not only list all abbreviations in the table in footnotes at the end, but also have a title that is concise and describes the table's contents.
7) All Figures should be of high quality meeting with the publishing requirement with legible symbols and legends. In preparing the figures, authors should consider a size reduction during the printing process to have acceptable line clarity and character sizes. Use only figures that are necessary to illustrate the meaning of the text. Figures must be black and white of high contrast. All figures should be referred to in the text as, for example, Fig. 1, or Figs. 1-3.
8) Only those references cited in the text should be listed in the references. Authors are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of their references and the correct text citations. In case of the paper title, only the first letter is to be capitalized. However, in case of journal and book titles, the first letter of each word should be capitalized and all of the letters should be italicized. See the example below.
-  G. R. Cooper, C. D. McGillem, Modern Communication and Spread Spectrum, McGraw Hill, pp. 23-28, 1986.
-  A. A. Smith, "Power line noise survey," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. EMC-28, no. 4, pp. 56-61, Apr. 1986.
-  A. K. Lee, "n algorithm for an advanced GTEM to ground plane correlation of radiated emission test", in IEEE International Symposium Electromagnetic Compatibility, Santa Clara, CA, 1996, pp. 58-62.
- In the text the reference should be numbered in bracket in ascending order, e.g. , , etc.
9) It is strongly recommended that at least one paper published at the KIEES journals should be reviewed and cited as references.
10) Acknowledgment, If needed, appear before the reference. Sponsorship or financial support acknowledgement should be included here.
11) Appendixes, If needed, appear before the reference.
Once the review process has been completed with a decision of acceptance, the final manuscript accommodating all of the reviewers’ comments should be submitted along with photos of the authors and their brief biographies (including major research areas).
The accepted manuscripts will be published, in principle, in the order of initially submitted dates subject to decision of the editorial board.
The review charges are classified into two categories. The charge should be paid when the paper is submitted.
Regular paper : The general review charge is KRW 50,000 and for an urgent review is KRW 120,000.
Short paper : The charge of short paper is KRW 120,000.
The publishing charge for general publishing is KRW 90,000 for up to the first 6 pages. For 7 to 8 pages, an extra charge of KRW 30,000 per page, and for 9 pages or more, an extra charge of KRW 40,000 per page. The charge for urgent publishing will be twice that for general publishing. Furthermore, the KIEES charges extra KRW 100,000 for the paper acknowledging a financial support from an institution, in addition to the above mentioned page charge. 20 reprints without a cover will be supplied without an additional charge.
Contact Info on Inquiry
The Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science
706 Totoo Valley 217 Saechang-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea
For submission instructions, subscriptions, and all other information, vist http://www.jkiees.org.